Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stephen Abram

Stephen's remark about putting the human back into the mix is crucial for us. We are the humans and our students need that human touch. And he is right to have input we must have a first hand knowledge of the technology. If you don't use Facebook or My Space the kids will tune you out.

I do feel that wen it comes to web 2.0 technology that I am playing catch up always running a behind. It seems that I learn something new and before I get to incorporate it --- it is old and done. Stephen also comments that our knowledge will change the way we perceive our students. We can't be intimated that they know more than us, but we need to be able to enter the arena on a level that is at least respectable in their eyes and ours.

I also watched the video Web 2.0...The Machine is Us/ing Us. It was really fasanating. It really captured the way Web 2.o makes me feel. You can't take your eyes off of it and it moves faster than you can possible keep up. But I hope to pick those jewels that will benifit my students the most and hang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment